Monday, July 9, 2012

INFINITE Models in "1st Look" Magazine



           On their 7th episode of "Ranking King," the producers of Mnet invaded the dorm of boy band Infinite and had them rate each other on each member's fashion sense. They were even encouraged to give personal displays of individual member's clothing items. Much laughter arose when the members teased Sunggyu on his love of animal print, Hoya on his love of purple (anything), Sungyeol's repeat-offender wearing habit, Woohyun on his questionable footwear, and L on his distinct yet limited posing stances. Later on in the episode, Mnet went behind-the-scenes to capture the boys at a photo-shoot for "1st Look" magazine, to be released July 9th. The theme of the shoot was for the boys to appear as "cool guys" in simple outfits. Each member got to choose their own accessories for the outfit they were given. The selection included sunglasses, hats and jewelry.

Surprisingly, the boys transformed what appears to be some very casual, very mundane (though probably designer) outfits into very noteworthy editorials by simply adding confident charisma. View the beautiful black and white photographs below.

You can also watch the 7th episode with English Sub on YouTube by clicking the links in the comment box:


"My Sexy is too overwhelming to show both sides of my face."
Myungsoo/L: When I first saw this picture of L, I burst into laughter, because it's exactly one of the poses that L repeats the most- the brooding, "hands in front of face" gesture. Still, we can see why he uses it so often- it emphasizes the beautifully straight planes of his handsome face, while distinguishing his 'most kissable lips' as too curvy for close-ups. His photo here is also one of the most distinct amongst the members, because his straight-stare makes me intimidated and awed. At the same time, what appears to be shoelaces and a strap bracelet look crazy trendy on his wrist. That, my dear, is how you sell fashion.

"In shorts and you can still see my S-line."
Sungjong: Many female fans react with envy whenever Sungjong wears shorts, because his legs are much thinner their their own. However, we can't deny that this boy has style- and the fact that he has an androgenous look makes it even more high fashion. The clean, side-swept bangs haircut is my favorite for many male idols, and here, it ties together to give a preppy, boyish image. On it's own, the shirt actually looks very manly and gives his arm much-needed volume.

"What? Do you wanna make a comment? Yeah... didn't think so."
Hoya: When Hoya first saw this outfit, he must've thought, "This is it? But I wear this to sleep!" Thank goodness modeling skills make a difference, because he's highlighting his accessories very well. I imagine he's a rich boy who tries to dress down and delinquent by adding skulls and chains to his outfit.

"Think model... think brooding, brooding child."
Dongwoo: Voted as "Fashion King" amongst the members, Dongwoo has that rare ability to make some very interesting (and often very odd) outfits look great. If this photograph were in color, you would see that his QUILT-PATTERNED, DENIM OVERALLS have large RED PATCHES for pockets, he's wearing CLOWN shoes, and his socks are POLKA DOTS. I almost expect his hat to have a yellow, red and blue whirling device on top. Ontop of that stool, he could otherwise be a child.

"It's all okay-ah... because I'm a cool guy."
Sunggyu: Oh dear leader, what are those sandals they put you in? They are absolutely huge! Still, the outfit looks great on him, and the glasses and belt add that touch of "cool" that could otherwise make the denim shirt and white pants look very plain. I like that his [small] eyes do not get lost here, and peer out to give a strong yet casual expression. I love the crouched bend of his torso, which actually highlights the clean lines in the clothing.

"I'm sexy and I know it..."
Sungyeol: I hate those pants, I hate those pants! But here, Sungyeol is showing them off in a way that makes me want to buy a pair. He looks like a hot, confident top-model/star candidly shot by the paparazzi and whistling while walking down the street. By this, I mean that he captures movement and moment at the same time. I actually like his photograph the best out of all the members, but I wish they would've given him some dressier shoes. From this photograph, I have to say that Sungyeol is the best at rocking sunglasses.

"Please adopt me, I'm giving my best sexy puppy face..."
Woohyun: Oh dear greasy oppa, how do you transform so well? As the flirtiest, most aeygo-friendly member of Infinite, Woohyun is generally seen with his eyes as half moon crescents from smiling so hard. However, as he modeled prior to being a trainee, Woohyun proves that it's all in the eyes. Though many Netizens may state that he looks like he's taking a number two here, I actually like that he tried something different with a crouch. I can't say that he shows off the clothes well, but he does highlight the accessories. What's more, his eyes simply cannot be denied, and that little bite to his lips look improperly sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment