Thursday, March 21, 2013

Intro to K-Pop: Songs for different occasions




For those new to K-Pop, here are some notable tracks off the top of my head for various moods and occasions. Look up a few random songs and see what you think :)

Nighttime/Moodiness
- Big Bang "Monster"
- B2ST/Beast "Midnight," "Fiction," or "Virus"
- Infinite "Paradise"
- U-Kiss "0330"
- BtoB "Imagine
- 2NE1 "Lonely" or "Ugly"
- Big Bang "Don't Tell Me Goodbye"
- Sistar "Alone"
- Sistar19 "Gone Not Aroung Any Longer"
- Exid "Every Night"
- 2PM "I Hate You"
- G.Na "A Bitter Day" ft. Junhyung and Hyuna
- Chocolat "One More Day"
- JYP "No Love No More"
- IU "Mia"

Girl Power/Break Up
- T-ara "TTL (Time to Love)"
- Dal*Shabet "Hit U"
- After School Red "Into the Night Sky"
- SNSD "Run Devil Run"
- Hyuna "Change"
- AOA "Temptation" or "Get Out"
- Brown Eyed Girls "Hold the Line"
- Kara "Pandora"
- Ailee "I'll Show You"
- Wonder Girls "Me In"
- Miss A "Good Girl Bad Girl," "Goodbye Baby" or "I Don't Need a Man."
- EXID "Who's That Girl"
- 5Dolls "Like This or That"
- Two X "Ring Marks"

Girly Fun
- Dal*Shabet "Have Don't Have"
- Two X "Ring Ma Bell"
- Hello Venus "Venus"
- Hello Venus "What Are You Doing Today"
- After School "Diva" or "Bang!"
- Wonder Girls "Nobody" or "Be My Baby"
- Kara "Step" or "Mister"
- SNSD "Gee!", "The Boys," "I Got a Boy," "Oh!" or "Hoot"
- T-ara "Roly Poly" or "Lovey Dovey"
- Sistar "So Cool" or "Loving You"
- Sistar19 "My Boy"
- Lee Hyori "U-Go-Girl"
- Girl's Day "Twinkle Twinkle"
- Hyuna "Bubble Pop"
- A-Pink "My My," "Hush" or "Up Into the Sky" ft Joker
- Son Dam Bi "Queen"

Cute/In Love
- A-Pink "I Don't Know"
- Boyfriend "Boyfriend"
- IU "Good Day"
- Seo In Guk & Jung Eunji "All For You"
- L & Yerim "Love U Like U"
- Teen Top "Angel"
- ZE:A "Daily Daily"

Dramatic
- 2PM "Heartbeat"
- Vixx "On and On"
- U-Kiss "Standing Still"
- A-Jax "One 4 U"
- Taeyang "I'll Be There"
- EXO K/M "Mama"
- BtoB "Insane" or "Irresistible Lips"
- JYJ "Get Out"
- T-ara "Lies" or "Cry Cry"
- 4Minute "Volume Up"
- Gangkiz "Mama"
- Fix "My Girl"
- Mblaq "It's War"
- CN Blue "I'm Loner"
- Dynamic Black "Yesterday"

Party
- Rain "Hip Song"
- 2PM "Hands Up" or "10 Out of 10"
- B2ST/Beast "Beautiful Night"
- G-Dragon and TOP "High High"
- Wonder Girls "Like This"
- F(x) "Nu Abo" or "La Cha Ta"
- 2NE1 "Fire"
- Teen Top "Miss Right"
- Fiestar "We Don't Wanna Stop"
- 4Minute "Hot Issue"
- Gangkiz "Honey Honey"
- Vixx "Rock Ur Body"
- Chocolat "I Like It"

Smooth/Sexy/R&B
- Rain "Rainism"
- TVXQ "Destiny"
- TVXQ5 "Mirotic" or "Wrong Number"
- Big Bang "Bad Boy"
- Tasty "Solo"
- JYP "Kiss"
- Junsu "Intoxication"
- Lee Hyori "10 Minutes" or "Love Sign"
- Teen Top "To You" (slow version)
- 2Bic "Love Again"
- Miss A "Touch" (slow version)
- Lee Hi "1, 2, 3, 4"
- Infinite H "Special Girl"
- Rania "Killer"
- U-Kiss "Dora Dora"
- Hyunseung and Hyuna "Troublemaker"

Sad
- Big Bang "Haru Haru"
- 2AM "Can't Let You Go Even If I Die"
- 8ight "Goodbye"
- TVXQ "Love in the Ice" or "Why Did I Fall in Love With You"
- Baek Ah Yeon "Sad Song"
- Baby Soul ft. Wheesung "No Better Than Strangers"
- Mblaq "Should Not Say"
- Jisun "What Do I Do"
- A&T "My Heart Had a Brain Freeze"

Uplifting
- DBSK "Purple Line," "Stand By U" or "Bolero"
- Ailee "Heaven"
- Younha "Run"

Drama Sound Tracks (OST)
- J-Min "Stand Up"
- Shinee "Countdown"
- Dream High OST - "Dream High"
- Hershe "Superstar"
- 4Minute (School 2013 OST) "Welcome to the School"

Bright/Fun Pop
- Shinee "Replay"
- Infinite "Man in Love" or "Nothing's Over"
- Sistar "Shady Girl"
- BtoB "I Only Know Love"
- My Name "Message"
- B2ST/Beast- Bad Girl

Hard-hitting/Dance Tracks
- Shinee ft. F(x) "Lollipop" or "Sherlock"
- TVXQ "I Don't Know"
- U-Kiss "Man Man Ha Ni" or "Stop Girl"
- Mblaq "Running and Running" or "Oh Yeah"
- T-ara "I Go Crazy Because of You"
- Brown Eyed Girl "Abracadabra"
- F(x) "Electric Shock"
- Rania "Dr. Feel Good"
- Teen Top "Clap Clap," "Super Love," "Crazy," or "Be Ma Girl"
- B.A.P. "One Shot"
- BtoB "Wow"
- Tasty "Buster"
- Fiestar "Vista"
- 4Minute "Huh"
- Glam "I Like That"
- Rainbow "A"
- Girl's Day "Nothing Lasts Forever"
- GP Basic "Jelly Pop"
- Baek Ji Young "Good Boy"
- JYP "Elevator"
- Infinite "Inconvenient Truth"

Travel
- Infinite "The Chaser" or "In the Summer"
- T-ara "Day by Day"
- U-Kiss "Love of a Friend"
- Infinite H "Victorious Way"

Alternative
- Sunggyu "Shine" or "41 Days"


*List to be extended.


No comments:

Post a Comment