Friday, June 29, 2012

INFINITE & TEEN TOP Special stage on Music Bank

         
 Infinite & Teen Top backstage on KBS Music Bank "Half Year Special"
       
          Imagine my shock this morning when I found out Infinite is performing yet another live stage even after their goodbye stages for "The Chaser", and this one happens to be on KBS Music Bank as a "Half Year Special" stage shared with Teen Top. Imagine my greater surprise when, halfway during the performance, Infinite turns away and the camera zooms towards the elevated stage in the background, where Teen Top takes over the middle half performance of "The Chaser" with live vocals, dance and all. I squealed- that could only mean one thing. Once they were finished with "The Chaser," the first version of Teen Top's latest R&B hit "To You" would be performed by Infinite. Now, I love "The Chaser" and I like the dance, but I loved it even more when Infinite danced the smooth, sexy dance for "To You." Fan-girls all around the world must be agape at Infinite's awesome rendition of the body wave, because I was definitely one of them.


Infinite & Teen Top in previous years
Also, is it just me, or are the live voices even clearer than usual? You hear each member's vocals clearly and distinctly, and I know this is one performance I wouldn't even have to consider a "Mr. Removed" video. The vocal performance was very strong with both groups, but I'm glad this is only a special stage and they wouldn't be trading songs in the future. When it comes to dancing, "The Chaser" felt wrong without Infinite's sharp synchronization, and "To You" felt off without Teen Top's suave hip-hop swag. Still, as a fan of both groups, that definitely was the best half year special stage yet. I'm surprised either groups even had time to learn each others choreography at all- especially when Infinite hasn't had a free day in at least two weeks.

I really enjoy seeing this fusion of different styles from each group, because they are both so different in their group identities, it actually highlights individual strengths. Even though all members of Infinite are older than any of the boys in Teen Top, I find it interesting that Teen Top seems older because of their intense, mafia-gangster vibe (and I mean that in a good way). While Infinite radiates a milky, perfectionist-type eagerness, Teen Top simmers with a steely, quiet confidence.

Hallelujah for HD everyone! Check out the performance below! 

Teen Top & Infinite "The Chaser" + "To You" (120629)

Infinite "In the Summer" KBS Music Bank (120629)

I included a performance of Infinite's "In the Summer" above, which I find so adorkably cute. Not only have their live performances improved greatly, but you can see how very cute and cuddly these boys in their natural, floppy dancing state. Also, who would've thought that Woollim would give Sungyeol an actual singing part and have L sing an main-vocal-ly type high note?

No comments:

Post a Comment